Step 1: Download the firmware for both the Orbi router and the satellite
- Visit the Netgear download center to download the firmware for your satellite. Save the downloaded file on the desktop and unzip it when needed.
- Now, launch a browser on the computer system that is connected to the Orbi router through an Ethernet cable.
- Type the orbilogin.com the default web address in the browser’s address bar to open the Orbi login page. Alternatively, you can use the Orbi admin IP address for the same.
- When you reach the Orbi admin page, enter the username and password in their respective fields. Pree the login button to get access to the basic home page of the device.
- Afterward, navigate through the Advanced settings on the Orbi’s web-configuration page. Under advanced settings, select the Administration and then select the Firmware Update option.
- Next, click on the Manual option to open the firmware update page.
This is the firmware downloading process for the Orbi wifi system. The next step is to update the downloaded firmware. It is advised that you should update the firmware on your Orbi satellite first and then update the router’s firmware. Also, don’t update the firmware on both the units simultaneously.